Dun Carraig Silver Jubilee
November 10 2018 (9:00 AM - 11:00 PM )
Barony of Dun Carraig
The Barony of Dun Carraig will celebrate its Silver Jubilee marking its 25th year as a Barony on November 10, 2018, 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, at the Good Samaritan Presbyterian Church, 13025 Good Samaritan Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601
Join us and Their Royal Majesties as we fight, feast, create, and entertain in honor of our baronial history and to pay homage to all the former and current baronage of Dun Carraig. Participants in all martial activities, games, and A&S contests will choose a set of baronage to represent as they compete!
* Silver Seadog Pas D'Armes - bring your entourage to hail your victory!
* Next Generation Youth Pas D'Armes - youth fighters can challenge the children of former baronage!
* Blackhammer Blacksword Tourney - a single elimination rapier tournament!
* Baron Cathal McLean Memorial Rapier Tourney - a dice tourney with random targets and offhand devices!
* Axes and Care Bears - throw sharp objects at adorable stuffed animals!
* Archery - win points for your baronage!
Arts & Sciences Activites:
* Spectacular Scrolls - bring out your best calligraphy and/or illumination!
* Victorious Verses - write a poem on any topic!
* Heroic Heralds - voice herald for either of the pas d'armes!
* Bring out Your Bling - create garb or an accessory fit for a peacock!
* Chatelaine's Challenge - make something that a newcomer to the SCA would use or enjoy!
* Herd All the Cats - enter any item with the theme of cat-herding!
* Bardic Challenge - perform a song, story, poem, etc., with the theme of "Baronial History!"
* Companions of the Clewe Knitting, Fiber, and General A&S Solar - sit and knit, embroider, weave, or spin!
* Bardic Open Stage - let there be music, stories, and poetry!
In addition to the above there will be entertainment, games, youth activities, and other such revelry! And after the day's activities there will be a grand feast inspired by the epicurean whims of our past and current baronage, all of which will tempt the palate with multiple courses of delightful dishes!
|Adult, Member Discount||$10.00||$10.00||$0.00|
|Adult, Event Registration||$15.00||$10.00||$0.00|
Site: Good Samaritan Presbyterian Church, 13025 Good Samaritan Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601
Site Restrictions: Site is DRY; Site is also ADA accessible with an outdoor ramp to the lower leven where all events will take place.
* Savory toasted cheese with bread, vegetables, and fruit
* Huntsman stew
* Cooked red cabbage
* Brie & beet tart
* Pears & confit
* Blanc mange
* Shrewsbury cakes
* Carrot soufflé
FEAST RESERVATIONS ARE LIMITED TO 60! Please reserve your spot early!
Feast menu subject to change
For dietary concerns, please contact the Feast Stewards, Alexina Mac Suibhne & Isolda de Crosthwaite, at feast AT duncarraig.net
Reservations for both the event and the feast are being taken online at http://www.tiny.cc/SilverJubilee whether you are paying online, by mail, or at the door.
Event Steward: Joshua MacDonald the Imperfekt, E-mail: autocrat AT duncarraig.net
Reservations: Lord Valdr Arisson, E-mail: reservations AT DunCarraig.net
A&S Coordinator: Gwendolyn Vicktoria, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MoL:Lady Kunigunde von Darmstadt, E-mail: Mol@birthday.duncarraig.net
* Site: Good Samaritan Presbyterian Church, 13025 Good Samaritan Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601
* FROM THE WASHINGTON, DC BELTWAY/I-95 (NORTH AND SOUTH): Take the Route 5 South exit; follow for 20 miles; make a U-turn at Billingsley Road; church is on your right
* FROM THE SOUTH (VIRGINIA VIA ROUTE 301): Take 301 North and cross over the Nice Bridge; go 16.5 miles and turn right onto Route 6 East; go 1.5 miles and turn left onto Route 488 East; go 6 miles and turn left onto Route 5 North; church is 1 mile on your right
* FROM SOUTHERN MARYLAND: Take Route 5 north to Billingsley Road (6 miles north of Hughesville); church is on your right