7.1 Event Registration Requirements
All events held in the Kingdom must have a properly completed Event Registration Form registered with the Kingdom Calendar Coordinator to be considered an official event.
• Event Registration Forms must follow the timelines for required information as defined in the Kingdom Seneschal’s Policy.
• Additional procedures for registering events and timeline requirements for event flyers are part of the Kingdom Seneschal’s policy.
7.2 Event fee Disclosure Requirements
All event fliers must identify all fees that will be collected from attendees, including any member discounts, in accordance with Kingdom Chancellor of the Exchequer Policy.
7.3 Kingdom Events Defined
A Kingdom Event is one held under Royal Patronage to carry out some purpose of state or to celebrate occasions of special note.
• Kingdom Events are held on specified reserved weekends. A Kingdom Event can be protected or non-protected as defined in Kingdom Law.
• The Kingdom Event Bid Coordinator shall accept bids from any branch, group or individual within the borders of the Kingdom interested in hosting a Kingdom Event. Such bids must meet the provisions defined in Kingdom Seneschal policy.
• Kingdom Events shall rotate in accordance with the schedule and parameters set forth in the Kingdom Seneschal policy.
7.4 Kingdom Events Reserved Weekends
Kingdom Events and the weekends reserved for them are defined within Kingdom Law and may deviate from this schedule only if absolutely necessary and with the approval of the Crown and the Kingdom Seneschal.
• If a Kingdom Event needs to be scheduled differently than provided for within Kingdom law, any protected status shall not apply.
7.5 Protected Kingdom Events Defined
A Protected Kingdom Event occurs only on a Kingdom reserved weekend. No Society event published in the Kingdom newsletter shall be held in the Kingdom on a protected event reserved weekend without the permission of the Crown and the Kingdom Seneschal.
7.6 Protected Kingdom Events and Their Weekends
Protected Kingdom Events are:
• Twelfth Night - held on the second Saturday in January
• Spring Coronation - held on the first Saturday in April, unless this is an Easter weekend, then it is moved to the second Saturday in April
• Spring Crown Tournament - held on the first Saturday in May
• Fall Coronation - held on the first Saturday in October
• Fall Crown Tournament – held on the first Saturday in November, unless the first Saturday falls on November 1st, then it is moved to the second Saturday in November
7.7 Non-Protected Kingdom Events Defined
A Non-Protected Kingdom Event is held on a Kingdom Reserved Weekend. No Society event published in the Kingdom newsletter shall be held within 150 miles of a non-protected Kingdom Event. Other events cannot be scheduled until a site for the Kingdom Event has been selected.
7.8 Non-Protected Kingdom Events and Their Weekends
Non-Protected Kingdom Events are:
• Winter University - held on the first Saturday in February
• Kingdom Arts & Sciences Festival - held on the first Saturday in March
• Summer University - held on the second Saturday in June
• Fall University - held on the third Saturday in September
• Unevent - held on the first Saturday in December
• Any other events which may be specially designated by the Crown
7.9 Kingdom Event Rotations
The following Kingdom events shall rotate according to the Kingdom Defined Event Boundaries and in accordance with Kingdom Seneschal Policy.
7.9.1 Events that rotate in conjunction with each other:
• Coronation - Spring
• Crown Tournament – Spring
• Coronation – Fall
• Crown Tournament - Fall
7.9.2 Events that rotate independently:
• Kingdom Twelfth Night
• Kingdom Arts & Sciences Festival
7.9.3 Events with special provisions:
7.9.4 Kingdom events shall rotate between three areas as prescribed in Kingdom Seneschal Policy.
7.10 Financial Responsibility for Kingdom Events
7.10.1 The Kingdom may be the sponsor for all Kingdom Level Events.
7.10.2 Branches which host a Kingdom Event shall receive a portion of the profits of the event in accordance with Kingdom Seneschal’s Policy and Kingdom Financial Policy.
7.10.3 Expenses for conducting Unevent may be funded from the Kingdom, the hosting branch, or shared between them, as defined in the Event Bid and accepted by both the Atlantian Council of the Exchequer and the Financial Committee of the hosting branch.
7.11 Other Branch Events
Once a branch has submitted a fully completed Event Registration Form to the Kingdom Calendar Coordinator no other branch may register an event within 150 driving miles of the first scheduled event. This distance shall be calculated over the most widely traveled route (site to site).