The officers of the Kingdom of Atlantia consist of the Great Officers of State, the Officers of State, and the Branch officers.
4.1 Great Officers of State
The Great Officers of State are:
- Kingdom Seneschal
- Triton Principal Herald
- Kingdom Earl Marshal
- Kingdom Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences
- Kingdom Chatelain
- Kingdom Web Minister
- Kingdom Chronicler
4.2 Duties and Responsibilities of Great Officers of State
The duties and responsibilities of the Great Officers of State are:
- Advise the Crown on matters pertaining to their office.
- Ensure that Atlantia remains in compliance with the policies and requirements of their Corporate Superior (if any)
- Ensure all law and policies related to their Office remain accurate and current.
- Submit such reports as are required by their corporate superior and the laws of the Kingdom. Copies of all such reports shall be sent to the Kingdom Seneschal.
- Collect reports from their Officers of State, Deputies and Branch Officers as defined in the Great Officer’s policies.
- Report on the state of their office to the Crown at Coronation. The Crown may choose to accept this report by proxy.
- In accordance with Corpora VII K 1, submit a roster of their warranted Officers of State, any Deputies and all Branch Officers to the Crown for approval at Coronation. A copy of the roster must be provided to the Kingdom Seneschal.
- Attend Curia Regis or send a representative in the form of one of their warranted officers as proxy.
- Attend Unevent and host meetings with Officers of State, Deputies and Branch Officers as needed.
- Supervise and coordinate the actions of their Officers of State, Deputies and Branch Officers throughout the Kingdom.
- Warrant qualified individuals as Branch Officers.
- Warrant Branch Officers by individual warrant or by roster for a period of time determined by the policies of the Great Officer. Warrants and rosters shall include, at minimum, the local Branch Officer’s membership number and the information required by Corpora VII K 1.
- Ensure, at least once per reign that all warranted Branch Officers are members of the SCA, Inc. with access to the Kingdom newsletter.
- Ensure that anyone warranted in an office that directly supervises minors, such as youth marshals and youth coordinators, have completed and passed the background check process per Society requirements.
- Designate and train an Emergency Deputy. The name and appropriate contact information, of that person shall be published on the Kingdom web site.
- Provide training to any Officers of State, Deputies and Branch Officers as necessary.
4.3 Great Officer of State Policy Requirements
The Great Officers of State have the authority to make policy for the discharge of their office and their subordinates’ offices.
- All such policies shall be presented to and approved by the Crown prior to publication.
- All policy must be must be published in the Kingdom newsletter’s electronic supplement.
- The Kingdom Chronicler shall not publish such policy without electronic approval from the Crown.
4.4 The Officers of State
- The Officers of State reporting to the Kingdom Seneschal are
- MD Regional Kingdom Seneschal
- VA Regional Kingdom Seneschal
- NC Regional Kingdom Seneschal
- SC/GA Regional Kingdom Seneschal
- Kingdom Chancellor of Family and Youth Activities
- Kingdom Clerk of Law
- Kingdom Waiver Secretary
- Kingdom Calendar Coordinator
- Kingdom Event Bids Coordinator
- Kingdom Media Relations Deputy
- The Officers of State reporting to the Triton Principal Herald are:
- Golden Dolphin Herald
- Clerk of Precedence
- Clerk of the Signet
- The Officers of State reporting to the Kingdom Earl Marshal are:
- Minister of the Lists (KMOL)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Armored Combat (DEM-Armored)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Rapier Combat (DEM-Rapier)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Combat Archery (DEM-Combat Archery)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Siege Combat (DEM-Siege)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Equestrian Activities(DEM-Equestrian)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Target Archery (DEM-Target Archery)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Thrown Weapons (DEM- Thrown Weapons)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Armored Combat (DEM-Youth Armored)
- Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Rapier Combat (DEM-Youth Rapier)
- The Officers of State reporting to the Kingdom Chancellor of the Exchequer are:
- Kingdom Non-Member Surcharge (NMS) Secretary
- Kingdom Chamberlain
- The Officer of State reporting to the Kingdom Chronicler is:
- Kingdom Historian
- The Officers of State reporting to the Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences are:
- University Chancellor
- Editor of the Oak
- The Officers of State reporting to the Kingdom Chatelain are:
- Northern Regional Kingdom Chatelain
- Southern Regional Kingdom Chatelain
- Chatelain Training and Education Deputy
4.5 Duties and Responsibilities of Officers of State
The Officers of State shall:
- Advise their Great Officer of State on matters pertaining to their office
- Submit such reports as are required by their Great Officer of State and the laws of the Kingdom
- Attend Curia Regis
- Attend Unevent and host any meetings as required by their Great Officer of State
- Supervise and coordinate the actions of their office, and, when applicable, their branch officers
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as defined by their Great Officer of State to whom each reports
4.6 Regalia and Records as Office Property
All records and regalia accruing to any office are property of the office and must be transmitted to the new officer within ten (10) days of any change of office.