A branch will be granted incipient status and be listed in the Kingdom Regnum when it has submitted a satisfactory New Branch Application to the Kingdom Seneschal’s Office, and the Kingdom Seneschal has been satisfied that a legitimate attempt is being made to organize a new branch.
- An attempt to organize a new branch within territory granted to an existing branch must be approved by any affected Seneschals.
12.1 New Branch Membership Requirements
A new branch must have at least the following number of paid members in order to submit a New Branch Application:
- Principality – Mandated by Corpora III D
- Barony or Province – 200
- Shire – 30
- Canton or Riding – 20
- College, Stronghold or Port - 5
12.2 Advancement of Branch Status
A branch will advance from incipient to full status, and have its officers ratified by their superiors, after filing a petition with the Kingdom Seneschal and satisfying any other requirements as specified by the Kingdom Seneschal.
- Advancement to Barony status shall follow procedures set forth in Corpora III D
12.3 Branch Officer Requirements
- Branch officers must be member of the SCA, Inc., and have access to the Atlantian newsletter
- To maintain full status, a Barony must maintain the set of officers required in the Society Seneschal’s Handbook Vii B 4
- To maintain full status, a Canton or Shire must maintain the set of officers required in Corpora III C 6
- A branch that has no marshal can only hold fighting events with the sponsorship of a warranted Atlantian marshal who will accept responsibility for the fighting at the event
- A branch that has no warranted Minister of the List (MOL) can only hold fighting events with the sponsorship of a warranted MOL who will accept responsibility for the MOL duties at the event
12.4 Branch Status Changes
A branch may petition the Kingdom Seneschal and the Crown to change its status, for example from Canton to Shire. When the petitioning branch is subsidiary to another branch, the Seneschal and Baron/Baroness (if any) for that latter branch must be consulted.
- A branch which has ceased to meet the requirements for its status may be declared extinct or be degraded to a lower status, by recommendation from the Kingdom Seneschal and the Crown to the Board of Directors.