November 9 2019 (10 AM - 10 PM )
Canton of Buckston-on-Eno
November 9, 2019
Canton of Buckston-on-Eno
Welcome to the Labyrinth 'Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great. You have no power over me' - Sarah, The Labyrinth
A day of adventures await this year at our annual Buckston Birthday Bash. Everyone will have an opportunity to join in the quest to make it through the labyrinth with all it's mysteries and challenges. The goal? Well...to have fun of course! Activities are planned for newcomers, fighters, families, one and all.
Fighting: Heavy, Rapier, Thrown Weapons, Archery - there will be fun twists to this year's martial activities to tie in with our theme
Arts & Sciences:
- Mask Competition - Let your inner artist shine and create a masquerade mask for our A&S competition! All masks will be judged by the populace and returned in time for the evening’s masquerade ball. We can’t wait to see what you come up with! The fine print: this competition is inspired by the ball in the movie Labyrinth. You may enter a mask made in any media, any style. The mask does NOT need to be period specific, and does NOT need to look like it came from the movie. Documentation is accepted and happily displayed, but NOT necessary. Have fun!
- Poetry Competition - This year we have two poetry competitions. Both can be written in advance, and will be performed by the poet (or a proxy if necessary) the day of the competition. There will be a panel of judges planted in the audience to determine the winner of each competition. Refer to the rules on our website
Feast: A grand Goblin Market will be presenting scrumptious treats throughout the day - morning, afternoon and evening. Stay tuned for a full menu with descriptions and ingredient lists.
Merchanting: Contact the Autocrat Lady Caitrina inghean Fherghuis
- 13 Hours Scavenger Hunt - Join the hunt and scour the site to find the 13 Labyrinth-themed listed items
- Outdoor Kids Activities - traverse the bog of eternal stench and avoid the pitfalls of the goblin city in fun kid friendly activities
- Herald's Point - need to submit a name or device or maybe you just need some advice you'll have an opportunity to do so
- Table Top Games
- Dancing Class - learn your dances in preparation for the Masquerade Ball later in the day!
- Bardic Circle
- Masquerade Ball - bring a mask in any style or enter a mask into the competition and wear it for all to see!
|Feast:||A grand Goblin Market will be presenting scrumptious treats throughout the day - morning, afternoon and evening. Stay tuned for a full menu with descriptions and ingredient lists.|
|Cost Notes:||Site fee for Family is capped is at 2 paid adults and 2 paid children|
|Site:||Schley Grange Hall3416 Schley Road, Hillsborough, NC 27278|
|Site Restrictions:||No Alcohol, No smoking allowed in building. Pets must be on a leash or otherwise controlled and contained by the owner. **Trash must be taken with you when site closes. There will be no use of dumpster on site.|
|Autocrat:||Caitrina inghean Fhearghuis (Veronica Yoshida), 504 Pebblestone Dr, Durham, NC 27703, Phone: (919) 94336033, E-mail: email@example.com|
|Reservations:||Lady Aesa Kottr c/o Stacy Whitney, 9408 Theresa Lane, Rougemont, NC 27572 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Make Checks Payable To:||SCA, Inc, Canton of Buckston-on-Eno|